Saturday, July 21, 2007

Kwonho!

Kwonho is a massively multi-player online 3-D fighting game. And it's the first I've ever seen of this genre. It's part of Ijji, a portal for free multi-player games, as well as "mini-games", which really means flash-games.

After signing up for a free account from them, it's a fire fox add-on and a fairly small (255mb) download away from being playable. Well, that's not entirely true, it will then up-date itself, and about 19-20 entries for GameGuard, one of the elements that keeps this game "cheat free". Once all that's taken care of, you'll be greeted with this screen, to choose your server.

There doesn't really seem to be a sizable difference between the servers, except that the 'East' server is faster if you're in the US or Canada. The characters you create will be available on either server, so you're never really locked into one.


Next up, picking a fighting style. The five styles included are; Tae Kwon Do, Muay Thai, Tai Chi Quan, Ba Ji Quan and Judo, all of which have distinct advantages (and of course disadvantages). After that it's off to building you a snarky character.

Now, pick your chatacter, I know, complicated. (and quit looking at my, match record!)

Next, I'd reccomend a little bit of trainging, it's a great way to get a few valuable as well, as a small amount of coin.

It's about time to play your first match. You can click view 'waiting' games, or you can start your own with 'Quick Start'.

Probably shouldn't have started a match with someone twice my level. Well, play a few matchs earn some coin and now it's time for...

Shopping?!? That's right girls and girls, time to go shopping! And make out character look extra-snarky! It should probablly be mentioned here that the Korean version has alot more than the US.

There's also tons of 'ability' you can buy and then equip for each fighting style.

Ko, that's it for now, if you'd like to challenge me, or yell at me for forgetting something, kick me a comment. Also, trip plans coming up soon. I'll try and do one of these for Frets On Fire, FlyFF and StepMania before I leave Hm, too ambitious, me thinks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks dan u the man