Saturday, June 30, 2007

Why I haven't bought an iPhone

1. I'm not a huge mac fan.

Of the OS that is, the products are phenomenal (aside from the price extremely bloated price).

2. I don't like iTunes.

I don't, In fact I hate it, I'd seriously rather use .... realplayer, that's how much I hate it.

3. I already own a cellphone.

I do, it's a very shitty flip phone, but It works and I'm not going to get in bed with another carrier no matter how cool their phone is.

4. No Skype.

AT&T has already disclosed that it will block ports to Skype and I assume by extension EQO . Skype is my primary form of calling, in fact I have that route to my shitty cell. So it would odiously do me no good for my hefty international talk time. (To my brother and my girl)

5. I already own devices.

I've got a notebook, a Skype phone, a Psp, and a PMP that plays DIVX/XVID so to go from that to to converting my video every time I want to dump it onto that phone is a step in the wrong direction.

6. I like "All you can eat" music.

A la carte music subscription plans are amazing for me, I love music, I don't buy cd's and I'm very flakey on what I like at the time, so paying 15 bux for "Unlimited music mobility, unlimited songs, playlists, radio stations" on my device is a damn godsend, which I surely can't get with iTunes, not in the foreseeable future anyway.

That said, if I didn't have so many devices, the price was 399 and it wasn't a phone (operated exclusively by wi-fi), hell yea I'd consider buying one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada. If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).